Tour Dates Coming Up
Gangspil played more than 50 concerts in North America during 2016! Right now we are planning more US concerts for 2018 - 2019. And of course we also play gigs in Denmark, Germany, Belgium and many other places. Up coming confirmed dates are listed below (keep checking back for more updates.)
Please contact venues directly for tickets and to confirm times.
Upcoming tour dates..
the story so far :)
July 23rd 7.00pm TIVOLI, COPENHAGEN
GANGSPIL live in the legendary amusement park Tivoli at the stage called Orangeriet. The concert is included in the entrance to Tivoli! Malene Beck will join on piano.
July 24th 7.30pm THY, NORTHERN JUTLAND
GANGSPIL in the beautiful Vestervig Church, Klostergade 1, 7770 Vestervig, with Malene Beck on piano.
July 26th 8pm LÆSØ
GANGSPIL in the old Byrum Church, Byrum Hovedgade 50, 9940 on the island of Læsø. With Malene Beck on piano.
August 30th to September 3rd
Gangspil duo at the great festival Carrefour mondial de l’accordéon in Montmagny, Quebec, Canada. www.accordeonmontmagny.com
Oct 7-13th CAPE BRETON
Gangspil duo at the fantastic Celtic Colours festival in Cape Breton, Canada
- we just got back home after fantastic times in the Midwest and Pacific Northwest! Thanks a million for a fantastic 2,5 weeks tour!!! We’ve had an amazing time meeting and playing for lots of great people, old and new friends!
A special thank you to Vidar Skrede who’s already back in Milwaukee, wonderful to play with you and can’t wait for more next time!!!
Our work visa has run out, so for now we better get outa here! But: we’ll be back and already looking forward to that!!!
U.S.A. Midwest & Pacific Northwest tour:
15th of February - 4th of March 2018
Gangspil duo gigs:
* Feb 15th 7:30pm St. Louis, MO Bethany (Danish) Lutheran Church, 407 Fairview Avenue, Webster Groves, MO 63119. Call Nancy or Rex Couture 314 786-5098 for more information.
* Feb 16th 6.30pm Kansas City, MO Immanuel Lutheran Church, 1700 Westport Rd., Kansas City MO. Organized by Scandinavian Folk Dancers of Kansas City
* Feb 17th 7pm Omaha, NE - with Dwight Lamb: German American Society Lodge, 3717 S 120th St, Omaha, NE 68144. Concert at 7pm, Dancing starting at 8pm. Organized by the Scandinavian Folk Dancers Of Omaha
* Feb 18th Kansas City, MO performance at the closing party of Folk Alliance International www.folk.org
* Feb 19th 5:30pm Elk Horn IA - with Dwight Lamb: Kimballton Town Hall, Sponsored by Danish Mutual Insurance Association, Danish Windmill in Elk Horn, IA, Museum of Danish America in Elk Horn, IA, www.danishwindmill.com www.danishmuseum.org
* Feb 20th 8pm San Francisco, California "The Back Room", 1984 Bonita Ave. Berkeley, CA 94704 www.backroommusic.com
* Feb 21st Mountain View, California "Silicon Valley House Concerts"
Email for Reservations: SV.firstname.lastname@example.org
4:00 - 6:00 workshops, 6:15 Pot luck dinner, 7:30 Concert
Gangspil trio with Vidar Skrede on guitar:
* Feb 22nd 7.00pm House concert Asland, OR Concert in the Headwaters Building, asset 4 th and "C" street. For reservations email: Kevincarr@aol.com
* Feb 24th Portland Nordia House, 8800 SW Oleson Rd, Portland, Oregon 97223 workshop & concert www.scanheritage.org/upcoming-events
* Feb 25th 7.00pm Seattle Folklore Society, Phinney Center Concert Hall, Brick Building
6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle, WA
Buy tickets online or call 800-838-3006 www.seafolklore.org
* Feb 26th Poulsbo, WA Sons of Norway, workshops, concert and dance! www.poulsbosonsofnorway.com
* Feb 27th Port Townsend, WA Quimper Grange, incl dance workshop 2-4pm www.quimpergrange.com
* March 1st 7pm Gig Habor, WA Harbor History Museum - doors and bar opening at 6:30pm. www.harborhistorymuseum.org
* March 2nd Olympia, WA Traditions Cafe www.traditionsfairtrade.com
* March 3rd Vancouver, BC Danish Church in Burnaby www.danishchurch.vancouver.bc.ca
* March 4th 2.00pm Nancy's Farm, Bellingham, WA. For further info call 360-739-5651 or email email@example.com www.nancysfarm.com